For the past six years Abundance has been running educational and environmental projects around Chiswick in association with most of the surrounding schools. We are a constitutionally formalized not-for-profit organization with charitable aims. We are completely volunteer-run and any funds raised are ploughed back into environmental, horticultural and educational projects around Chiswick.
Abundance London is run by Sarah Cruz, Karen Liebreich MBE and Karen Wyatt. Between them they have a wealth of design, horticultural, educational, community engagement and financial expertise. All have worked and lived in Chiswick for several years.
Sarah Cruz is an award-winning designer. Prior to Abundance London she ran an organisation called Local Produce, dedicated to eliminating food gluts.
Karen Liebreich set up the Chiswick House Kitchen Garden; she is a historian and author. She received her MBE in 2013 for services to horticulture and education. She is also trustee of several local environmental charities, including Cultivate London and Hammersmith Community Garden Association.
- Abundance continues to maintain the flower beds along Chiswick High Road (in association with Hounslow Highways), the Town Hall garden, the Turnham Green knot garden (in association with Friends of Turnham Green), the library garden (in association with Hounslow Council) and various other pocket gardens in the area.
- Abundance continues to harvest tonnes of fruit which would otherwise go to waste with local school groups and volunteers.
- Abundance worked on the mural.
- Abundance planted up the flower beds along Chiswick High Road.
- Abundance continues to maintain the Town Hall garden, the Turnham Green knot garden (in association with Friends of Turnham Green) and various other pocket gardens in the area.
- Abundance mentors the library staff to maintain their garden.
- Abundance continues to harvest tonnes of fruit which would otherwise go to waste with local school groups and volunteers and runs a successful Apple Day in October.
- Abundance worked with Carillion Services to create a Magical Orchard outside Chiswick Library which has revitalised a dead space, creating a new and inviting garden area to enchant passersby and library visitors. Part of the Chelsea Fringe.
- Abundance worked with Fusion Lifestyle to create a garden at the Town Hall.
- Abundance planted daffodils and sunflowers in the beds along the High Road.
- Abundance created a permanent herbal knot garden on Turnham Green, working in association with Turnham Green Friends and John Laing. Part of the Chelsea Fringe.
- Sponsored by local businesses Abundance created a Herbal High Road for the Chelsea Fringe, comprising 65 mini-herb gardens down Chiswick High Road, Turnham Green Terrace and Devonshire Road, as well as mentoring several other Edible High Roads throughout London. All part of the Chelsea Fringe.
- Abundance created an Edible High Road at the Chelsea Fringe, a river of fruit trees along the main shopping roads of Chiswick, sponsored by local businesses. Part of the Chelsea Fringe. The trees were later planted out permanently in school playgrounds and local parks.
Previous years and ongoing
- Abundance works with local schools and volunteers to collect fruit gluts, bringing together schools, residents and businesses. All projects involve local schools and community groups and result in permanent environmental benefit for the area.
- Abundance has a good track record of working with other local groups, such as the Friends of Turnham Green, Dukes Meadows Trust, St Michael & All Angels, Christchurch, Chiswick House Kitchen Garden and also with local businesses and charities.